Monday, January 06, 2003

I'm more than half way through my day already. It's been busy this morning but good busy, not crazy busy. I'm just taking a quick break to eat my lunch.

It's hard to believe this but today is the 5th anniversary of the Ice Storm. I can remember it like it was yesterday, the sound of the trees snapping in the distance due to the weight of the ice on the branches. The cold and the darkness was very weird too, to lose our electricity and heat for such a long period of time (in my case, 7 days) seemed surreal at the time. Fortunately for me, I had a friend and her daughter staying at my house (the freezing rain had been so bad the night that it started that they didn't want to venture to their country home in the storm). Had they not been staying with me, I would have gone crazy from cabin fever I think. I'll have to scan some of the photos that I took after the storm, they were pretty neat. I'll have to see if I can find them in the mess of stuff we have piled up at home.

No comments: