Tuesday, January 14, 2003

I can't believe that it's Tuesday again. Mark's dad is finally having his cataract surgery today. I say finally because he's been waiting about15 months for it. Fortunately, he's going in in about an hour. I always find that the earlier you go in, the less of a chance there is that you're going to get bumped out or generally screwed around. Because of his age and his other health issues, he'll be staying in overnight in hospital. He'll be going home tomorrow and I'll be staying with him tomorrow, just in case. I mean, it's not a complicated thing or anything but his vision in one of his eyes is extremely limited and they're operating on his good one so he'll not really be able to see much of anything.

It's insanely cold here right now, around minus 26. We had this wicked snow squall yesterday and we could not see the building next to ours (I was at work when it hit) for almost an hour. At least we didn't get a whole tonne of snow dumped on us again, it just was mostly windy. It was really crazy though, weather is weird.

Anyway, I haven't posted much lately because there hasn't been much to post. One thing I like and hate at the same time about January is the way it makes you just want to hibernate. We've been doing a lot of that so far this month and it's not really the most exciting thing to report on, is it?

No comments: