Thursday, January 16, 2003

I had a bit of a crazy day yesterday so I didn't get a chance to post. Our computer at home has been "misbehaving" (for lack of a better term) over the past week or so. Part of it is down to some upgrades that we've been doing, other problems have been from external sources. Fortunately, Mark's a wiz with stuff like that and he's got us back up and running. Actually better than before so that's nice.

Yesterday, I spent the day with Mark's dad. He's doing really well after his surgery. He could see better almost immediately but he was a bit on the groggy side yesterday. I spoke with him this morning and he's feeling really good. He has the VON coming in four times a day to help him with his eye drops. They're so great, I met two of his nurses yesterday and they are really lovely ladies. Talk about patience too. I really admire nurses and the care they give. His experience with his surgery at Hotel Dieu was terrific. As a Canadian, I find that it is very easy to take our health care system for granted. Also, I know that it's not perfect...but boy, when it works, when someone in your family needs it and it works, it's an amazing thing. We're very very lucky!

No comments: