Friday, January 17, 2003

Can you believe that it's that's time already...it's time for the Friday Five, again...yikes, where did the week go?

1. Where do you currently work?
I work at Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario.

2. How many other jobs have you had and where?
I've only ever been employed in the Kingston area. I have had three other employers besides Queen's. I've been at the University for just over 10 years and in that time have worked in several different departments. I have been in my current position for 2.5 years.

3. What do you like best about your job?
The people I work with. My colleagues are terrific and the volunteers I work with are amazing. I look forward to coming to work in the morning because it is a lot of fun. I'm constantly challenged and I'm learning new things every day.

4. What do you like least about your job?
Office politics. Not within my direct unit (there are only 2 of us and we get along fabulously) but in general. It's a silly waste of time. Everyone would be further head if they just did their job and enjoyed themselves. If it stops being fun, get out and get yourself into a new job!

5. What is your dream job?
To do what I'm doing (I'm an events planner) but with bigger budgets, on a grander scale. I love what I do (it took me a long time to figure out that this is what I wanted to do) but we are faced every year with smaller budgets, it would be excellent to do a really high-end, huge, blue-skies events!

No comments: