Monday, November 26, 2018

The Days of the Week - (Thursday) Here's Why I Did Not Go To Work Today

Happy Monday folks.

Did you survive the weekend and all of the silly shopping shenanigans that were going on in the wake of the US holiday last week? 

I'm not exactly sure how it all started to become a thing up here.  All of the promotion was a bit much if you ask me.  Not that you did.  Okay, I'm just going to say it, the emails and flyers and stuff just gets to me.  I think that the holidays should be about spending time with folks who you care about, maybe baking some cookies, having a nice meal, good conversation, music, laughter... make some nice memories and stay out of the mall.  Sound good?

Today is Monday so once again, I'm sharing a song with a day of the week in the title.  If I'm going in order, and I seem to be, we're up to Thursday.  My choice for a Thursday song is by Harry Nilsson, (Thursday) Here's Why I Did Not Go To Work Today.  It's a slow, lazy, smokey, Nilssony song as ever there was.  I really love the piano in this one and of course, those Nilsson lyrics are always excellent.  I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.  Happy Monday kiddies xo

Monday is a blues day that goes for Tuesday
Wednesday's just the middle of the week, yeah, mmm
Friday is just another payday, the weekend's just another heyday
But Thursday's surreptitiously unique.


No comments: