Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Way Back Wednesday - Mayor of Simpleton

How goes your week?

We've made it to Wednesday so that's not so bad huh?

As has become my routine, I'm sharing an "oldie but a goodie" with you today.

Since 7th grade (pretty sure that's what grade I was in when I heard "making plans for Nigel") I've liked XTC.  Like it was yesterday, I can remember the day I bought "Oranges and Lemons."  Pretty sure I picked it up the week it was released.  I remember I got it at House of Sounds on Princess Street, in the morning, and it was cold.  For some reason, I recall walking out into the sunshine and bitter cold but not really minding it as I waited for the bus.  Couldn't wait to get home and listen to it.  Funny the things you remember isn't it? That was over 30 years ago.

So today, I'm going to share with you the video for "Mayor of Simpleton." This was the first single from "Oranges and Lemons" and has a cute video.  Hope it makes you smile xo


No comments: