Thursday, November 22, 2018

Cancon Thursday - Mind Over Matter

It's Thursday.

On Thursdays I always share a cancon song on this here page.

Today is no different.

Folks who know me well understand that I have a very broad definition of "rock star." Basically, if you are a musician and are in a band, I think you're a rock start.  If you have the ability to get up in front of a crowd of people (big or tiny), play songs on musical instruments and perhaps even sing (no need to sing if you're a surf band), well, I just think that's incredible.  It is something that I couldn't do in my wildest dreams.  If you can do that, I tip my toque to you, you are a rock star.

Sometimes, these bands I like become popular (ie they tour and their records get played on very cool radio stations) or at they least figure out how to successfully write grant applications.  These folks can make good looking videos, sometimes.  Today, I'm sharing a song by what I would consider a Canadian indie rock mega super group, TUNS.  The members of TUNS are Chris Murphy from Sloan, Matt Murphy from Super Friendz / Flashing Lights and Mike O'Neill from the Inbreds. 

They made a video for "Mind Over Matter" which is really comedy gold.  Take a look at these jokers in a great video for a fun song.  If you like what you hear, pick up their debut album, it's basically awesome.

enjoy & happy Thursday xo


No comments: