Friday, November 16, 2018

Not Guilty, Just Pleasure - Out of the Game

Well folks, I have made it to day 16 of NaBloPoMo without missing a day.  My entries may have been short and not interesting but they are up.  I actually sat down, composed them and posted them.  Let's see if my streak continues and I can make it to the end of the month!!


So, today is not guilty, just pleasure day around here and that means I'm sharing a song that I love, just for the heck of it.

Regular readers here will have noticed by now that I absolutely love Rufus Wainwright.  His songs have been part of my daily soundtrack for a while now, yikes, almost 20 years now if I really think about it.

I love his voice and the way he writes.  He also interprets classic songs in a way that is definitively Rufus (and this in my estimation is a very good thing indeed).  For a wonderful example, you should check out his "Rufus Does Judy at Carnegie Hall" album.  Listening to that is a fun ride!!

So it should be obvious by now that today's song is by Mr Wainwright himself.  I'm sharing "Out of the Game."  It can be a lovely earworm so be warned, you may end up with this fabulous song in your head all day.  The video is great as well and features the incomparable Helena Bonham Carter (wow!!). 

We've had a bit of snow here, you may be waking up to a winter wonderland in your neck of the woods too.  Bundle up, grab your favourite hot water beverage and check out Rufus Wainwright's "Out of the Game."  You'll be glad you did xo


2 comments:

Nicole MacPherson said...

Love your blog, Peggy! Always so positive, and I enjoy all your music too :) Thanks for being awesome!

Peggy said...

Thanks so much Nicole!! I love your blog too, you're so inspiring xo