Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Because It's Tuesday - week of November 13

There are certain songs that for no particular reason, just hit you hard the first time you hear them.  Like love at first listen.  Neil Young's "Harvest Moon" is one of those songs for me.  There is just something indescribable about it that I love.  It's a sweet song about love, evolved, mature love.  It's the kind of song you could dance to at a wedding or a 50th anniversary party... it is tender and simple and lovely.

Over the years, I've discovered that I have a lot of affection for covers of "Harvest Moon."  This doesn't always happen when you love a song.  Sometimes the covers seem tacky or silly or just bad.  Perhaps the folks who have covered it have done so with great care.

Today, because it's Tuesday, I'm sharing a cover by Lord Huron.  I hope you enjoy it, I really did. Happy Tuesday kiddos xo


No comments: