Monday, November 05, 2018

The Days of the Week - Monday

How was your weekend?

Mine was okay, I attempted to rake up some of the many many leaves which have found their way into my back yard.  For the first time in over a week, it stopped raining so I was able to get out there. If you can believe it, it took a while just to clean off the decks, steps and pathways in my tiny back yard.  The funny thing about it is that I have 3 hydrangea bushes in my yard but no actual trees.  My very generous neighbours have all given me the gift of leaves.  It's the price we pay for shade all summer I suppose.

Because it's been so wet and rainy, a fair amount of leaf slime had accumulated on the deck.  I slipped in it a few times.  Never falling but twisting in a weird way to prevent the fall.  A fall probably would have been less painful than whatever it was that I did to my back.  I ended up packing it in early and doing 4 loads of laundry instead of raking.  Hopefully I'll catch a break in the weather later this week and get the back cleared up.  My goal is the week of November 19 because the city is doing leaf pick up that week and it would be nice to not have to haul them up to the municipal composting site if I don't have to.

I'm sure your weekend was way more fun than that.

Today, in honour of Nablopomo 2018, I'm introducing a new theme, "the days of the week." This will feature songs containing a day of the week in the title or in the band's name.  At some point, I guess it'll be safe to presume that you'll be seeing a lot of Happy Mondays and Til Tuesday here.  In the meantime, I'll leave you with this gem from Wilco, a live performance of "Monday" from their second studio album, 1996's "Being There."  Enjoy and have a happy Monday xo


No comments: