Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Because It's Tuesday - week of November 27

As you know, if you read my posts with any regularity, I grew up listening to a lot of 60's and 70's era country music.  One of my favourites as a kid was Marty Robbins.  I loved how he would tell a story in a song.  Stories in songs were very big when I was a kid.  His voice was amazing and the songs were easy to sing along to for a little kid.

His classic hit, "El Paso" has been covered by many people over the years, including the name sake of this blog.  Today though, I'm going to share a wonderful, stripped down, live version of this song, performed by Shovels and Rope (a lovely folk duo from Charleston, South Carolina).  This video is great, it's fascinating to watch Cary Ann play the drum with one hand and maracas with the other.

Blacker than night were the eyes of Felina
Wicked and evil while casting a spell
My love was deep for this Mexican maiden
I was in love, but in vain I could tell

Give it a listen and see if you can stop your toes from tapping under your desk while  you do.  Happy Tuesday beauties xo


No comments: