Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Because It's Tuesday - week of November 20

As I have noted here before, and as I'm sure you have probably noticed, November is a dark month, or it can be.  The weather is colder, the days are shorter, depending upon your relationship with the impending holiday season, it can be depressing.  I haven't even mentioned how awful it is to read the news these days.  I'm not even talking about that mess south of the border either.  Right here in Ontario, the Tories are taking aim at Franco-Ontarians and gender diversity.  What the fuck!?  Things like that are being fueled by hate and ignorance.

At times like this, it's hard to see the good stuff in the world.  It's easier to focus on the negative and just wallow around feeling helpless than it is to look for silver linings or smack ourselves in the face and get up and actually try to do something.  I'm just as guilty as being a wallower as the next person.

When I went looking for a song to share with you today (because it's Tuesday it's got to be a cover), I stumbled upon a classic song being interpreted by the late, great Joey Ramone.  I did not realize that this song, when it was released, received no promotion in the US and that it was the biggest-selling single in the UK in 1968.  The late 1960's were another dark period, this song helped to show that there is still good stuff and good people around, you just have to look for them.

I hope that listening to this song, watching the video, lifts you up a bit.  It certainly did lift me up.  Enjoy kiddos xo


No comments: