Saturday, November 24, 2018

Saturday Night

As I have mentioned before, I'm participating in NaBloPoMo this year.  Looks like I might just be able to make it to 30 days, in a row, of posting here.

In honour of this being the last Saturday in November, and because I'm lazy and needed some inspiration, I'm sharing a Saturday themed song with you.

When I was a little girl, this guy's voice was everywhere.  On the radio, on the stereo in the homes of friends and family.  He was, to me, the ultimate Canadian guy, a regular guy, just like the men in my life at the time.  I remember singing along to his songs, they were all very good for that, and stomping our feet, along with him, to keep the beat.

So, if you're a half way decent Canadian, you have figured out by now that I'm talking about the late, great, Stompin' Tom Connors.  I didn't know crap about cancon back then but I knew that he, Hank Snow, Tommy Hunter and Anne Murray were Canadian and that was a good thing.

Because it's Saturday in Kingston, I'm going to share "Sudbury Saturday Night" with you.  We're not exactly close to Sudbury but the sentiment expressed in this song can be universally applied to most small cities in Canada.  Enjoy xo

The songs that we'll be singin 
They might be wrong but they'll be ringin'
But all the lights of town are shinin bright-and we're all
Tight -We'll get to work on Monday-but tomorrow's only Sunday and we are out to have a fun day for it's Saturday tonight


1 comment:

Nicole MacPherson said...

Oooh Stompin' Tom! I love it :)