Friday, August 27, 2004

tgif

I listen to a lot of Air America Radio during my work week. I stream it and listen through head phones while I get my stuff done. In particular I like the programs "Unfiltered" and "The Randi Rhodes Show." I love the whole station though and would listen it to it more if it were available say, in my car.

Anyway, I have noticed that I shouldn't listen to it when my work load is really heavy and I'm feeling stressed. The combination of the pace in the office with hearing lies exposed all day can make me go mental and drive my blood pressure up. I almost had a melt down at my desk yesterday afternoon. So much so that I had to to listen to DCW to sooth my soul and get rid of my headache.

I can't imagine how pissed off I'd be, all the time, if I actually lived in the states. ~shiver~

One thing that made me smile today: Black Forest Cake. I don't usually eat the stuff but today we had a birthday/going away party for a student who's been working with us all summer. I had the smallest sliver of cake that you could imagine and it was heavenly. Also, I'm pretty sure if it has cherries in it, which are considered fruit, it must be "healthy," right?

No comments: