Wednesday, August 11, 2004

hump day

Mid week already. I know that time passing shouldn't fascinate me but it always does. Almost mid-August, mid-week... how can it be?

Time is flying by because work is ridiculously busy right now. As it's been recently, it's still a good busy. The nice thing about it is that with my new job, I'm able to leave it at work at the end of the day. In my previous position, this was not possible. I'd bring work home with me, I'd dream about it in the middle of the night, I'd wake up leaving notes to myself. Not fun. I mean, I loved the work but the pace was insane because we were so short handed. I had my doubts about my role in the organization once the restructuring was over but I think it's going to be good. Hopefully we won't have to go through that again for a long, long, long time. I mean change is good but so is getting your bearings.

Canadian Idol continues tonight. I really don't have the interest in it this year that I did last year. We may watch it tonight but until Mark's dad mentioned it to me a few minutes ago, I'd totally forgotten about it. I think that part of my lack of interest stems from the fact that the kind of all things lame, Lionel Ritchie, will be on it tonight. How sad is that? Only in Canada you say? pity!

One thing that made me smile today: Our garden. I've been trying to take more photos recently. Last summer, I had my camera with me almost all of the time and I got into posting photos at fotolog. I've been spending more time in our garden this week, in the evenings after work and I'm trying to take more snaps when I find stuff that looks snap-worthy.

No comments: