Monday, August 23, 2004

monday madness

And the topic is 'potpourri:'

1. Which is more fun, kid's toys or grown-up kid's toys? (ie. Lego's vs. power tools)

I think that children's toys are more fun. Grown-up "toys" like power tools and such, usually involve work and I'd always rather than play with toys than work with tools.

2. What's your favorite food and why? Which food is your number one weakness?

I don't know what my favourite food is. I love sushi (mmmmm...sushi) and thai food (like big time love) but I don't think I have a favourite. I guess you could say that I love good food. Food with lots of flavour. I love trying new things and like to surprise myself with different flavours and textures. A big food "weakness" for me is really really really good chocolate. I have never met a chocolate I didn't love.

3. How many blogs/journals/diaries would you say you read?

I have no idea, I'm always finding news one and forgetting to read old ones. I couldn't even guess to be honest.

4. Do you feel you have an obligation to spread your religious belief system to others, or do you think religion is a private matter that everyone needs to decide for themselves?

My religious belief is that religion is personal and you should keep it the fuck to yourself. I don't want to hear about it or know about it because I don't believe in it. I respect that others need the crutch of a some kind of "higher power" to get through the day but personally, I use logic and common sense and it seems to work for me AND I don't have to put any of my hard earned pennies into a collection plate on Sunday.

5. Did you keep a paper journal before blogging?

Many years ago I did. I started blogging because I was too lazy to pick up the pen and start it over again (also I'm a much faster typist than I am a long-hand writer).

6. Describe your life in 3 words.

Hot buttered chaos.

7. What was the last thing you were wrong about?

I can't remember it exactly, it was last night. Oh, wait, I thought that Joanna Cassidy was in Five Easy Pieces (as Twinky) but it wasn't her (we were watching it last night when the discussion happened).

8. What one thing would you do to help the world be a better place for all?

I don't know. If there was one thing I could do, I'd try.

9. Are you a dog person or a cat person?

Neither really. If I had to choose, I guess dog because I'm allergic to cats.

10. If you could start your own meme (And you can!), what kind of questions would you ask?

I'm not sure that I would. I kind of like using other people's questions on days that I can't think of anything to write about.

One thing that made me smile today: I talked to an old friend on the phone this morning. I hadn't spoken with her in a few weeks so it was really nice to have a chat and get caught up on stuff.

No comments: