Wednesday, August 25, 2004

hump day

I'm not posting much here lately for a couple of reasons: 1. I don't have much time to do it and b) I don't have a lot to say.

Work is work. It's busy and crazy and the time flies by quickly and things are always changing. I have gotten very good at not bringing it home with me anymore though so, go me.

Home is still here. We had a fabulous weekend which involved, amongst other things, the purchase and instalation of possible the most gorgeous faucet I have ever seen, in our lovely green lav.

One thing that made me smile today: Okay, so I fucking hate Dave Matthews. I generally don't like folks much who like him too because, if you are boring enough to like someone as boring as Dave Matthews...well... you kind of get the picture. Having said that, I know some perfectly "nice" people who like Dave Matthews but I don't consider them close friends. These "nice" folks also like, amongst others, Shania Twain and Celine Dion. Do you see a pattern here? Lame, boring, bland. Anyway, I saw this in my NME daily newsletter and I laughed my ass off. As Jim Lahey might say, "The shit apples don't fall far from the shit tree."

A SHIT DAVE MATTHEWS BAND STORY!

THE DAVE MATTHEWS BAND have been accused of dumping 800lb (360 kg) of human waste from their tourbus onto a boat filled with passengers on an architecture trip.

It’s claimed that more than 100 people were drenched in sewage in the incident (August 8), when the driver of the bus emptied the septic tank through a grate in the Kinzie Street bridge and into the Chicago river below.

The state of Illinois is now suing the band for violating state laws.

The band and one of its drivers are facing civil penalties of $70,000 (£39,000) from the state for allegedly violating water pollution and public nuisance legislation.

According to BBC News, a spokesperson for The Dave Matthews Band said: "Our driver has stated that he was not involved in this incident."

He added that the band "will continue to be co-operative in this investigation".

All of the people on the tour boat were refunded for the trip and none were seriously injured. The boat was cleaned with disinfectant.

Attorney General Lisa Madigan said: "This incident may be unique, but that does not lessen the environmental or public health risks posed by the release of at least 800lbs of liquid human waste into a busy waterway and onto a crowded tour boat."

No comments: