Sunday, August 15, 2004

lazy sundays

After accomplishing basically everything that I needed to do this weekend, yesterday, I'm feeling a little lazy.
Granted, there is still yardwork left to do but it's nothing that I have to rush out and do so I'm enjoying a lazy Sunday. Try as I might, I cannot really bring myself to sleep in past 7:30 a.m. This morning I got up, puttered around a bit and then went back to bed and watched tv for a while. As is becoming my usual routine, I watched Queer Eye while I gave myself a pedicure. I got some really nice, metallic red nail polish last week. I am a pink girl when it comes to nail polish, sometimes I'll wear pearly silver or bronze but mostly, I like pink. This red is really fun and my toes look good.

Not sure what we're upto this afternoon. We may head up north for a drive to pick up some fresh sweet corn. We're planning to barbecue tonight for dinner and have not had any corn yet this season so... that might be fun. Beyond that though, we have nothing planned. I love Sundays like that!!

One thing that made me smile today: Minimized fuck-ups. When Mark got up this morning, he noticed that his machine was all messed up. It was as if a piece of the operating system had disappeared. Not a good way to start your day exactly. Anyway, it turns out that one of the drives was pooched so it wasn't as bad as we originally planned and he doesn't have to spend the best part of the day parked in front of his machine, rebuilding his operating system. yay!!

No comments: