Monday, August 30, 2004

rainy monday

It has been raining here pretty much straight through since last night. Unfortunately, I think it's a little too little, too late to save my hanging petunia in the backyard. I got so busy over the past week or so that I neglected it and it's look really sad right now.

It was so dark this morning that I really didn't want to get up. I couldn't believe it was Monday, really. Anyway, I'm pretty brain-dead today, typical for a Monday I guess. I'm wondering again, what would I do without memes?

Here is this week's edition of the Monday Madness:

Name 3 of your favorite.......

1. Colors

Deep pink, bright green and sky blue.

2. Pizza Toppings

Black Olives, portabello mushrooms and sweet red peppers.

3. Department Stores

I don't actually shop in big department stores but I like walking through the Bay once in a while.

4. Flavors of Candy

Licorice, strawberry and lime.

5. Scents of Candles

I only really like vanilla candles. I find the others too strong or sweet.

6. Days of the Week

Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

7. Vegetables

Broccoli, portabello mushroom and fresh peas.

8. Fruits

Straberries, super sweet pineapple and bananas.

9. Meals to cook

Salads (yes, the way I make 'em, they are a complete meal), zucchini and tomato casserole and stir fries (any variety).

10. Kitchen Gadgets

My berry huller, my bread machine and the Kitchen Aid table top mixer I inherited from Mark's mum.

11. Olympic Sports

I can't stand the Olympics and don't watch them.

One thing that made me smile today: Reading that almost 500,000 people marched in New York yesterday. If we could have taken today off from work, we would have gone down for the march. We plan to go to NYC for a long weekend this fall, that would have been great to see. I'm so happy to see the turnout and to read and hear that it was very peaceful and well organized. Way to go, United for Peace and Justice folks!!

No comments: