Saturday, August 07, 2004

Sleepy Saturday

It's still feeling a little strange with Joe away. Not bad strange just strange. We talked to him a little while ago and he's having a nice time. He's been visiting with friends and just taking it easy. I'm sure that he'll be ready to be home by the time we see him tomorrow.

We actually slept in a bit this morning. It was quite nice. We were moving kind of slow this morning because we've been sleeping so well. The weather has been totally cool here the past couple of days, yesterday it actually felt cold if you can believe it! It's been really refreshing but it's made me very sleepy. When we finally got going, we went out and bought a freezer. We've been wanting to get one for a while now and this week we've been out comparison shopping. The freezer we ended up with was from Costco. It was a 3.6 cubic foot chest freezer. We don't really have room for it but we've stuck it in the corner in our kitchen where it won't been in the way too much. It's going to be so nice having one again. When we lived in the apartment I had one but it died a slow and horrible death so we've been without the whole time we've been in this house. Right now, it's out of the box and we can plug it in next time we go downstairs. I know it's lame but I'm really excited about it!

One thing that made me smile today: Being lazy. We're getting really good at it. We even had a nap this afternoon! I mean, don't get me wrong, stuff's getting done (like we got the freezer and I've been doing some laundry) but we're spending more time relaxing and enjoying ourselves than we are working and that totally makes me smile!

No comments: