Friday, August 06, 2004

happy anniversary to us

It's been a lovely day so far. We got up at our normal time and I took Mark to work. When we got to the car though, it smelled of smoke. Smelled is not strong enough a word actually, stank to high heaven would be more appropriate I think. The smell hit him and made him feel sick, instantly. Rather than subject himself to an entire day of it, he didn't bother working. It had been quiet all week and to miss one more slow day would not hurt him.

Instead of working, we went out for breakfast and then stopped off for coffee at my mum & dad's place on the way home. It's only mid-morning but it feels like we've been up for days. Getting up at 5 a.m. will do that to you I suppose.

Mark's unplanned day off is working out so far. It's our anniversary today and we're going to do very little. So far this vacation has been very relaxing (other than the cleaning part) and I'm finally feeling rested and healthy again after being sick for a week. We literally have nothing planned for the rest of the day and I'm quite looking forward to it!

One thing that made me smile today: Mark. He makes me smile every day though. Sometimes, it is hard to believe that we met five years ago today. It's hard to imagine in some ways that it's been that long and in other ways, it's weird that it's only been that long. This may sound really corny but it's true, it really feels like I have loved him forever.

No comments: