Friday, August 20, 2004

Flash Friday

I just got from work. I'm completely brain dead and totally tired. The week went by in a blur but it seems like everything is going just as it should so that's something, right?

After work, Mark and I stopped off at the grocery store for fresh pasta. We don't eat it much anymore but we have all these gorgeous veggies in the fridge, as well as some turkey sausage so we're having that for dinner tonight. He's downstairs cooking it right now and the smell is heavenly.

This weekend is pretty much the same old, same old. I have laundry and errands to do. We have yardwork that must be tackled. Oh, yeah, cleaning. Gotta do some of that too. Exciting stuff huh??

One thing that made me smile today: The Students. This summer, I've had the great good fortune to work with two lovely students. This afternoon, we spent some time together packing things up for next week's events. They are so bright and full of plans and promise. One wants to go to medical school (and wrote the MCAT last weekend) the other would like to be involved in international policy/diplomacy. Instead of making me feel old and past it because, hey, let's face it, I am old and past it, I felt really happy for them, and excited by their plans. They have inspired me to seriously get my ass in gear and look into finishing up my degree. I'm only 10 courses away from it, it would be foolish not to.

No comments: