Monday, August 09, 2004

hungry much?

Do you use blogger?? Have you noticed that since the wysiwyg upgrade thing of a couple of weeks ago, that it randomly eats your post? I mean, it was always a little flaky but this is beyond annoying. I'm not sure what's happening but I don't like it. The weirdness had forced me to return to using notepad (which I should do anyway) to write my posts because I'm afraid that I'll lose them. Ugh!

Today is the last day of my vacation from work. Looking back on the past week, it's been a good one. There were things that I wanted to do that didn't get done and there was stuff that needed to be looked after that I hadn't planned to sort out that did so it all balanced out. I had half-way planned to hook up with some friends last week but with the company-induced running around that was being done, it never happened. I don't feel too badly about it though. In all honesty, it's easier to arrange those types of things when I'm working anyway because I actually know from day to day what I'm doing.

I know it's been a while since I've done this so, here's this week's Monday Madness

1. What's "it" all about, anyway?
That's sort of a silly question. Today, for me, "it" is about doing some errands and getting my mum's birthday gift together. It's her birthday today!

2. What radical political ideas do you have, if any?
Mmmm... I don't think I'm really radical at all. I think that big business should be less involved with the running of countries. Not just my own but all over the globe. I think that governments need to make decisions that will result in better lives of every day folks rather than profits for themselves and their buddies.

3. Do you believe that you 'fit' the profile of your astrological star sign?
I think I can find aspects of my personality in all of the astrological star signs. I don't really believe in them much.

4. Will blogging survive 2005 or is it a fad?
I can't imagine that it's going to go away anytime soon. I didn't start my blog as part of a fad, it was a way that I could start writing again, for myself. I think that folks who started blogs as a fad will probably stop doing it when it's no longer "cool" but folks who do it for other reasons will probably keep it up. I hope so anyway.

5. Do you Ebay? If so, what and how often? Is it a full-time job, part-time hobby, or just to clear the junk from your house?
I have eBay'd a lot in the past and not so much recently. It was always just a way for me to clear stuff out of the house and the extra cash came in handy.

6. True or False: When I vote, I am all for one party.
That's generally true. I almost always vote Green.

7. Meat or veggie sauce on your spaghetti?
Veggie please.

8. Would you ever be on a TV Reality Show?
Maybe. I think if anything, I'd be inclined to do a decorating show rather than anything else (because I actually watch them).

9. What is one thing (or place) that you would like to do (or see) that you have not yet done (or seen?)
I would love to travel more. I have never travelled outside of North America and I would love to visit Europe and Asia someday.

10. Do you answer memes honestly?
That's for me to know and you to try and figure out!

One thing that made me smile today: I know it's only early but I've been up for over 4 hours now so I think that a big enough chunk of my day has elapsed for me to comment on this already... Thinking about my vacation is making me smile. It was relaxing and fun. It helped me to recharge my batteries and recover from my cold. I don't think I would have enjoyed myself any more if I had been on a beach somewhere, and not just because I have a tendency to burn. Overall I just really enjoyed the time away from the office and actually feel ready to get back to work tomorrow.

No comments: