Saturday, July 31, 2004

the best things in life really are free

...or, at least, are reasonably inexpensive.

It boggles my mind that it's almost August. July was such a blur. To celebrate the last day of July, we did nothing all day. We never left the house (well, never left our property anyway) and I didn't even get dressed and have a shower until almost 4 p.m. It felt great!! For the first time in ages and ages, I slept in until almost 10 a.m. I must have been seriously sleep deprived to do that!!

Mark and I basically vegged out on the sofa all day, watching stuff on DVD and being lazy. We are expecting some company at the beginning of next week so there are lots of things to do around the house, both inside and outside, but we didn't do any of them today. It call all wait until Monday. Besides, it was too bloody hot to do much more than sit in front of the air conditioner and watch season four of the Simpsons.

One thing that made me smile today: Hanging out with Mark all day. Anymore, we don't often seem to get to do that. It was so nice to just lay around like third base and not go anywhere or do anything in particular. It really made me feel better for the first time in over a week.

No comments: