Tuesday, July 06, 2004

is something bad better than nothing at all?

Once again, I'm sitting in front of the computer, ready to write something witty and clever for my blog. Unfortunately, my brain is not sending anything witty or clever to my fingers to type. It sucks to be brain-dead, I tell ya. On the weekend, I made myself a promise that I would try to post something every day, during the week. I realize now that it would have been more realistic to write something every day, during the weekend. I never seem to have enough time during the week. I mean, I have time to throw something stupid together but not enough time to write anything that is actually worth reading. Oh well, here it is anyway, like it, don't like it, I'm tired and cranky and it's getting dangerously close to being past my bedtime (yeah, that's right, I go to bed at 9 p.m., shut up okay?? I'm up at 4:45 a.m. most days!!).

My crabby-bitchy-grumpy mood that I went to bed with last night seemed to follow me into the morning. The nice part about it is that for some reason, I was all weepy this morning. There's nothing like going from bitchy to weepy for no good reason is there? It was not pleasant, not at all. I'd say that it was PMS but it's not even close to the time for that nonsense. I'm going to chalk it up to the change in the weather or (perhaps) my pony tail being too tight yesterday.

Fortunately, when I got to work this morning, my mood improved a bit. I slapped on my headphones and started my workday. If I'm not listening to music I'm usually tuned in to Air America Radio during office hours. This morning, things were buzzing because John Kerry was getting ready to announce his running mate. It was pretty exciting and I can't say that he's made a bad decision. Edwards seems like a cool guy, a good speaker, and he's got a lot of support in the southern states. It must be making those folks running the Dick & W puppet show a little nervous. Someone on the radio this morning made a joke about Edwards being younger than Cheney's pacemaker. I thought that was a hoot. I also thought it was interesting that the doctor Cheney fired, is a prescription drug addict. Kinda makes you wonder how he was qualified to give the VP a clean bill of health doesn't it?? There's nothing that makes me giggle into my tea like nervous republicans.

One thing that made me smile today:: After many months of transition and turmoil, I found out late this afternoon that I'll be moving into my "permanent" office next week. I should really say "desk" rather than "office" because I'm not changing rooms this time. This will be the third time in 15 months that I'll have to pack up and move but it's looking like this will be the last one (for a while anyway). I'm quite happy about it because my new cubicle is huge. It's in the basement but it has a massive, gorgeous window (with a big ledge) and this room actually has heat in the winter and air conditioning in the summer. These might be things that some folks would assume you'd find in a modern office building. I work in a historically designated building that is almost 200 years old. Sometimes we're lucky if the wiring works!! A lot of people would not like working in a basement but the windows in these old buildings are so large that the rooms are very bright and cheery. I think once I get moved into my "final resting place" I'll feel more settled, finally, in my new job.

No comments: