Friday, July 23, 2004

ouch!

I'm not sure when or how it happened but about 20 minutes ago, my ring and middle fingers on my left hand started hurting like a son of a gun.  They actually feel sprained and are quite swollen looking right now.  It's the damned-est thing I've ever seen.    You know that feeling when someone pulls your fingers way back toward the back of your hand (like they are totally not supposed to do in nature??)?? That's how my fingers feel but I don't know how it happened.  It's okay though, they only hurt when I move them or try to do anything with them!

On the upside, my toe seems to be healed.  Work also seems to be getting settled down.  This week was pretty nuts what with all of the sorting out and cleaning up that was being done after the moves last week.  Hopefully things will keep improving.  For the first time in a long time, I actually feel like I accomplished a few things this week.   Everyone on our team is getting together to do some serious planning for the rest of the fiscal year.  It'll be good for everything I think because I'm pretty sure we're all in the same boat lately.  Recently, I've felt like I'm spending all of my time just reacting to things and I'm not able to map anything out.  I hate feeling like that, it's very unsettling.  I'm really quite organized in my work and this being all over the place, not feeling like I'm getting anything done feeling is just not sitting well with me.

One thing that made me smile today:  It's been incredibly hot and sticky all week at work.  Our offices are located in the basement of a 180 year old building so it gets quite damp and smelly down there at times.  I walked in to a colleagues' office this morning, expecting it to feel like a sauna (like it usually does) and instead I actually shivered as a beautiful million dollar breeze hit me in the face.  Nothing feels as good as clean air in your lungs after 12 after of breathing in the muggy gross stuff!

No comments: