Tuesday, July 27, 2004

less breathing, more television watching

I've got a wicked head cold.  I feel like hammered crap.   Even though I'm sick, we've stayed up late tonight.  We're totally wired to the c-span coverage of the Democratic National Convention.  I cannot, for the life of me, understand why anyone would watch it on CNN.   We've been flicking in and out of CNN's coverage, just to quickly glance at what they are showing when the speeches are happening.  The coverage is horrible and they aren't showing much of anything at all.

Last night I fell asleep immediately after Jimmy Carter's excellent speech.  We were tivo'ing pretty much the whole thing.  When I was getting ready for work this morning, the rebroadcast was on and I got to see Clinton's speech.  I totally should have gone to bed hours ago but I couldn't turn it off.   I kept thinking, "after Howard Dean, I'll go to sleep...after Barack Obama I'll go to sleep...after Ron Reagan Jr.... you see where this is going.  I'm sure I'll be paying for it in the morning but I couldn't help myself.

One thing that made me smile today:  It's not a thing actually.  Today a person made me smile.  She's 12 years old and her name is Illana Wexler and she spoke at the convention tonight.   Here's a bit of what she said tonight, it'll make you smile too I'm sure:  "Our vice president, he said a really bad word.  If I said that word ... I would get a time out. I think he should be given a time out."

No comments: