Wednesday, July 21, 2004

less than excited

Tonight is the first of the top 10 competitions for Canadian Idol.   I have to say, I'm not overly thrilled about it but I guess I'll watch it anyway...just to see what happens.  Mark and I are really really digging Kalan and Teresa and hope they do well.   We have pretty much been cheering for them all along, well them and Brock (who got booted out 2 weeks ago).  I'd love to see either of them go all the way, we'll see what happens.

There is one woman in the top 10 who is a student here in town.  She's actually from BC but she's going to school at Queen's so the Whig is following her just like they did Ryan last summer.  She's "okay" I guess.  You can tell that she's had musical theatre experience but to me, she's just "okay."  I think that the Whig would love for her to go the distance because then they could sell more papers and build up this whole Kingston/Canadian Idol thing to a ridiculous level.  I don't think it's gonna happen but what the hell do I know?

One thing that made me smile today:  My big salad.  Tonight we went out for dinner with Joe.  He likes to take us out once a week.  Anyway, I had the most delicious BIG salad for supper.  It was Montana's version of a cobb salad but I had them substitute the cheese in it for extra tomato and it was really yummy and totally filling.  Yay!!

No comments: