Saturday, July 24, 2004

I think I'm sick

Some folks who know me well would say that yes, indeed, I am sick.  I have a sick sense of humour and am often called a "sick puppy."  Sick senses of humour aside, I am pretty sure that I have Mark's cold.  We're almost out of cold meds but I found a Neo Citran and I'm sipping on it right now.  It was like, as soon as I put my fork down from dinner tonight, I was sick.  I couldn't even do the dishes.  I just put the kettle on, made a Neo and crawled up here.  Not fun.

Did you ever play with Tarot cards??  When I was a teenager, my friend Tina had a deck and we used to use a book she had to read each other's cards.  I've often thought about getting a deck, for fun, but they are kind of pricey and, in all honesty, I don't know that I'd actually use them much.   Seeing how I'm a little brain dead and tired from this cold, I found this Tarot card quiz, enjoy:

The Sun Card
You are the Sun card. The light of the Sun reveals
all. The Sun is joyful and bright, without fear
or reservation. The childish nature of the Sun
allows you to play and feel free. Exploration
can truly take place in the light of day when
nothing is hidden. The Sun's rays fill you with
energy so that you may live life to its
fullest, milking pleasure out of each day. Such
joy and energy can bring wealth and physical
pleasure. To shine in the light of day is to
have confidence, to soak up its rays is to feel
the freedom of a child. Image from: Stevee
Postman. http://www.stevee.com/

Which Tarot Card Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

One thing that made me smile today:  My mum & dad.  This morning, I woke up kind of early and Mark slept in really late.  Ordinarily, I would have woke him up around 8 or 8:30 a.m. (which is really sleeping in, in our house anyway).  This morning I let him sleep until around 10 a.m. because he was still getting over the cold he had all week.  He a lot of cold medication to get out of his system not to mention just plain old recharging his batteries after being so sick.   I got up and watched a little TV, cleaned the bathroom and started into the laundry.  Somewhere in the middle of it, my mum left me a phone message and they were going to come into town to see us and drop off some sewing she was doing for Joe and I.  They don't come in to see us too often, we usually go out to their place in the suburbs so it was a nice surprise to see them and I had just cleaned the bathroom so, yay!  Mum and I sat outside on the patio, sipping decaf and talking about my weed infested garden and sharing gossip about family members (heehee) while Mark and Dad and Joe visited inside.  Overall, it was a very pleasant morning and we had a great visit.

No comments: