Monday, December 16, 2002

My heart is just not into the work today. I think that part of it is that I am beginning my vacation tomorrow and part of it is that we've heard some very sad news over the weekend. Zalman Yanovsky, a local restaurateur and a former member of the Lovin' Spoonful, passed away suddenly on the weekend. He was at his home just outside of town. He was very young (58) and his sudden death was a shock to everyone in the community. I keep thinking about his wife and daughter and the huge loss they must be feeling right now.

Over the past twelve months, I've been to more funerals and memorial services than I had in the three years before that combined. Losing friends and family members, particularly young people, forces you to re-examine your priorities. I know that people say it all the time, but you really do have to make the most out of every day that you're on this planet because you never know when it'll end.

No comments: