Sunday, June 01, 2003

I don't think I have a cold. My throat was scratchy off and on yesterday but today I'm feeling really much better than yesterday. I even slept in again today.

Yesterday was supposed to be a rainy crappy day and it ended up being a drizzly, annoying day. You know that type of rain which doesn't really amount to anything but bugs your ass when you're out running errands. Rain aside, I got my gifts bought. I spent the best part of the morning in the west end of town where all the soccer mum's and SUV driving morons live. It was not pleasant but I got done what needed to be done.

Mark ended up finishing work early so we got to spend the whole afternoon together. It was a really nice, unexpected, treat to spend a Saturday afternoon together. We went for lunch, did a couple of errands and watched more NYPD Blue first season on DVD. I'm so enjoying that. I never watched first season when it was broadcast originally so it's very nice to see it, without commercials, in an amazingly clear format. I've watched it on TV with Mark, the past four seasons but watching season one is explaining a lot to me about some of the characters. It is definitely the way to watch it, DVD. Season two will be out this fall.

Not sure what we're doing today. It's supposed to clear up but right now it's very cold and windy. I'd hoped to get some gardening done but that may have to wait for another day. Things aren't too bad since I've done so much weeding the past couple of weekends. There are definitely a bunch of things I'd like to get done but they'll wait for me if I can't get to them today. Unfortunately, there aren't any little garden gnomes who do my weeding for me. If you see any though, and they're looking bored, send them to my place!

No comments: