Sunday, June 22, 2003

The weekend has passed like a blur.

We spent a good chunk of the day in Home Depot, and another good chunk, working on the bedroom, getting it ready for paint. We haven't painted our bedroom since we moved in. It's been institution green (ceiling and walls - ewww) with beige window coverings. A couple of weeks ago, we bought oak plantation blinds for the window and today we purchased Raspberry Glaze paint plus a new ceiling fan. Mark did all of the prep on the walls today. Together we emptied the room and I got rid of most of the dust..it was pretty grungy behind the furniture.

Tomorrow I'll spend my first official day of vacation working on a long overdue project. I'll post before and after photos when we're finished. I'm really excited about this. I know it's just a little bit of paint but it's going to be so nice when it's finished!

And one more thing, in case you hadn't noticed (and really, I'm not sure if you've been here before or not)...I've changed things around a bit. Lost the pink boxes (not that they weren't lovely -- I liked them, really...it was just time for a change) and have a more summertime look I think. Afterall, it is now officially summer.

No comments: