Friday, June 27, 2003

Today's Friday Five, hot off the press:

1. How are you planning to spend the summer [winter]?
I'm on a 2 week break from work right now. My busy time at work is through the summer months so I take my holidays early. This year, we're just working around the house. This week we painted the bedroom, I'm painting the bathroom next week. This weekend I plan to do a lot of stuff in the yard. In between, I'm taking it easy and just enjoying getting some long-overdue chores out of the way.

2. What was your first summer job?
My first summer job was babysitting. From the time I was 11 until I was 16, I babysat every summer, for different families. My first "proper" job was as a cashier in a grocery store when I was 16. I worked there for 4 summers and throughout the school year too.

3. If you could go anywhere this summer [winter], where would you go?
If I had a good chunk of time off this summer, I'd love to hop in the car and take my time driving across the country, from Ontario to Salt Spring Island.

4. What was your worst vacation ever?
I haven't had a lot of proper vacations but the "worst" one was probably when I was 10 or so. We went to Toronto to see the Zoo, the Science Center, etc. I remember that my mum got really sick and we had to come home. I remember being more worried about her than being disappointed that we had to cut our trip short.

5. What was your best vacation ever?
The most recent proper vacation we took was last summer. We took a road trip to the maritimes and I loved it. Mark and I toured around Quebec and New Brunswick and PEI. It was a lot of fun, the scenery was beautiful and we didn't have a schedule or anything so we just chilled out and enjoyed ourselves. I'd love to go back.

No comments: