Thursday, January 17, 2008

under pressure

Something weird was happening around here today.

When Mark picked me up this morning, he had a bit of a headache. He took a couple of tylenol and we got in the car and headed toward my office. About 1/2 way to work, he sort of yelped (we were stopped at a light at the time). A full blown migraine had kicked in at that moment.

He parked the cab after he dropped me off and went home to bed. When I phoned him at 2 p.m., he was really groggy. Apparently, he'd taken his migraine meds when he got home. He slept for a couple of hours and woke up feeling much better. Ginger Ale and toast called his name so he got out of bed and ate something. Out of nowhere, he got pounded with a second headache. He was in the middle of a drug hazed second nap when I called. By the time I finished work he was sort of functioning again but only enough to pick me up and drive home.

I ran out for soup and more ginger ale after work. He had some soup and more toast and his stomach and head are settled at the moment. Tomorrow he'll have the migraine meds hangover but hopefully that'll be all he'll have. The weather report looks sort of sketchy so I hope he doesn't get slammed with another one tomorrow. We really spoke too soon I guess. Just last week Mark and I were talking about how he hadn't had one in several weeks. It was too much to hope that they were gone I guess. They are really rotten and I wouldn't wish them on anyone.

No comments: