Tuesday, January 22, 2008

frozen rain barrel


frozen rain barrel
Originally uploaded by Julep67
If you were concerned that I had changed my journal and would be exclusively reporting on dead celebrities from here on out, worry no more! I just got pre-occupied by surprising deaths in the news for a few days. It does happen sometimes, to me it happens anyway.

We're getting a big ass snow storm right now. I thought it was supposed to arrive earlier in the day but the brunt of it waited until folk were heading home from work to appear. It's days like this when I'm particularly glad that I don't have far to go at the end of working day.

Speaking of working, I'm still really liking my new job. I know it's only 2.5 weeks in so I shouldn't be surprised but I actually kind of am. I really enjoy going in to the office in the mornings. The days fly by but in a good way and the work is really interesting. It's pretty good actually. A very nice change and I'm sorry if I sound like a broken record talking about it.

Speaking of broken records, I've been finding lots of music on my computer that I had all but forgotten about. Right now for example, I'm listening to something that I haven't heard in years, Stereolab's "Emperor Tomato Ketchup." I was scrolling through a list of albums on my computer and stopped randomly on it. I'm really really enjoying the feeling of being almost hynotized by it. It's no hypnotoad but it's sort of what I needed tonight, even if I didn't know it until just now.

No comments: