Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I need to scan stuff

For the past two days, our local tv news folks have been showing some archival footage from the '98 Ice Storm. The storm left us without power for several days and it was cold and creepy. I can remember almost every detail of the time we were without power. It was an experience that I would not want to do over but at the same time, it was absolutely unforgettable.

Watching the coverage on TV has got me thinking about digging out my photos from the storm and scanning them. I may try to find them this weekend. For years I've thought about doing that but just never did it, the time I now I think. 10 years is long enough to wait don't you think!?

Day two at my new job was awesome but it flew by again. I was feeling a little flustered and overwhelmed by the end of the day but I know that is partially because I am still trying to figure out what I need to be doing and when I need to be doing it. In a few weeks I know that I'll have found my groove but right now, I'm just trying to pick the brain of the lovely lady who is training me, as much as possible. She'll be in one more day this week with me and I'd like to make the most of this opportunity.

In other news, I'm absolutely in love with the Juno Soundtrack. We've not yet dragged our sorry asses out to see it but maybe Saturday that would be a fun thing to do.

No comments: