Wednesday, January 09, 2008

sunset


sunset
Originally uploaded by Julep67
Today was a blustery day.

This was my first "weird weather" day in the new building. There were times when it felt like the wind was going to pop the windows out and pick the building up and carry us off to Oz. That didn't happen but yanno, it could have!

This January haw and the weirdness that has followed it should not be a surprise. At this time last year, I took this photo during a thundershower:

not your typical january storm

Today was my first day in the office "on my own." The person who is training me was off today. It was sort of nice to be there alone. When she's there, I'm trying to get as much stuff out of her brain as I can so today, I could actually assess what I needed to do and actually got a few things done. It's a busy spot but I like it. Right now (and this works perfectly for me) they are in a lull period so I can take my time a little bit, figuring stuff out. Tomorrow, the training person will be back and I'm sure she will be able to answer some of the questions I've got. Lucky for me, everyone is being very patient and helpful. The best thing for me right now is that I'm not dreading going to work in the morning. That feels really good.

No comments: