Tuesday, January 29, 2008

appropriate

Butthead is really living up to his name tonight. When I got home from work, he was sitting on the bottom of the tank, under the heater. I put some food in his tank (cuz it was fishie dinner time) and normally, he is all in that food like, well like a goldfish on the food. Tonight, Butthead didn't even look in the direction of the food. I left the room and fed the rest of the fish and changed my clothes. When I came back, he was still sitting under the heater and the food was on the gravel in the tank. If he was all clenched up, I'd have been really nervous but I think he's playing possum (if fish can play possum). I sat down at my desk and moved over toward his tank and watched him. Eventually, in a sort of f-you move, he dramatically turned around, disturbing some gravel and creating a wave which recirculated the food.

For a few minutes, I actually thought that maybe he was sick. I see now that he was just being sulky and weird. Sulky and weird is normal Butthead behaviour. We keep discussing getting him a little tank buddy but seriously, I don't want to put a little fish in there and find it dead the next day because Butthead has anger management issues.

Such a wiener is butthead.

No comments: