Wednesday, September 01, 2004

hump day

I'm exhausted. I didn't sleep well last night and would have loved to have stayed home and rested but I couldn't. I'm here, in the office, taking my lunch break and typing this entry.

Last week, everyone in the office was sick with something, either a weird virus that caused vertigo or a cold or even pink eye. Earlier this week, I was feeling stuffed up (yes, I'm going to whine a little) and was terrified that I too, was getting sick. I had a bad cold already once this summer, I was not thrilled at the prospect of getting another. Fortunately the stuffiness passed but I'm still feeling yucky so maybe I have something afterall. Maybe it's why I didn't sleep last night, I don't know.

The week is flying by so that's kind of good. I've had a lot of meetings which I'm not thrilled about. My boss is away and I'd hoped to use the time to get things caught up but it's not looking like that. I'm also pissed because we've been invaded by these worker guys who are doing wiring in our building. They are making huge messes, stirring up dirt and bugs and all kinds of crap and I'm not entirely convinced that the stuff they are stirring up isn't responsible for everyone being sick in here. /whine

One thing that made me smile today: I actually had an excellent customer service experience this morning. I had to call Manulife about an issue to do with my insurance policy. I called first thing this morning, about 1 minute after the phones opened. I was greeted by a woman named Catalina and she was actually nice, helpful and courteous. I've had some pretty horrible experiences with customer service recently so I wasn't expecting much. Catalina restored my faith in phone service. Yay Catalina!

No comments: