Saturday, September 18, 2004

pooped

I am pooped. What started out as a lazy day turned into quite a busy one and I'm feeling the effects of it right now.

Mark took today off and when we went to bed last night we weren't entirely sure what we were doing. Originally, we had thought about taking a trip down to Syracuse to do some shopping but we had sort of vetoed that idea at bedtime last night. This morning, we both actually slept in a little bit (which felt great, I don't get to do that nearly often enough). We took our time easing into the day. I got my list out and figured out all the places we needed to go today and stuff we had to get done. Amongst them, I needed to get to the laundry (which multiplies in the hamper I'm sure!) and he needed to rebuild his computer.

Not only did we get those things done, we got all of our errands finished, Mark made a terrific dinner and I did a fair amount of cleaning in the kitchen. Right now, as I type this, I'm totally tired. We had talked about walking down to the street to go to the fair tonight but were both too tired to even think about it. Admittedly, the only reason I wanted to go was to take some photos of the midway at night. When we drove by last night it looked pretty good, considering how tiny it actually is.

So, it's Saturday night and we're heading off to bed before 9 p.m. Aren't we just the biggest pair of party animals you've ever seen??

One thing that made me smile today: The big pile of clean laundry that is folded and ready to be put away. Honestly, I thought that there was no way I would get it all done today but I did. I mean, I still have some ironing to do but at least everything is clean. It's a simple thing but it made me smile!

No comments: