Tuesday, September 28, 2004

easing back

Well I'm back at work today. I don't feel 100% terrific but I don't feel quite as bad as I did yesterday. Yesterday I slept a lot. Like all morning and most of the afternoon. Unfortunately, last night, I didn't sleep well at all. It wasn't until about 3 a.m. that I really got to sleep. If I got up at 7 normally, this would have been okay. Of course, I get up between 4:30 and 5 a.m. so it didn't really help.

Basically I'm a little groggy so I'm not moving too quickly at the moment. The morning went by fairly quickly. I've got a long meeting this afternoon that I'm hoping will fly by. Given the subject matter that we're covering, I expect it will. We've got a lot of ground to cover in a 2 hour time frame. The problem with whatever it is that is getting me down is that really, it's more irritating than anything else. I mean, I feel run down, tired, achey, flu-y but not the flu, sort of like I have a cold but kind of like allergies, all at the same time. It makes me wish that I'd just come down with a major hum-dinger of a cold and get it overwith but that doesn't seem to be happening.

One thing that made me smile today: When I was on my way back to my desk from the kitchen, with my lunch just a little while ago, I saw a tiny brown bunny eating grass on the front lawn in front of our building. It looked a lot like the bunny that was living in our back yard for a while this summer. They are just so cute to watch. I know that they can be a huge pest if you have a nice veggie garden but I don't have one so I can appreciate them for their cutenesss and not be bothered by their destructive habits.

No comments: