Tuesday, September 21, 2004

fighting it

It's been a fun week so far. We still haven't heard why the person who got fired last week got fired. I don't even want to know the specifics, I'm talking about knowing that the person it happened to even has a clue. I'm not sure that they do. It's very demoralizing and sad. I don't know that the folks higher-up can really appreciate how things like this make us "little people" feel.

For the past couple of weeks now I've been fighting a cold or something. I've felt like crap but, both yesterday and today, I had stuff on my calendar that I couldn't miss. It's not a nice feeling, to drag one's ass into the office, feeling like hammered crap, when you should be able to stay home, get some rest and get rid of whatever it is. I keep hoping that it'll pass and I'll start feeling more normal soon.

Anyway, the result is that I'm a little wonked out and am having a hard time concentrating. My blogging this week probably won't be all that interesting or creative but I'll try to do this week's TV Tuesday all the same, here it is:

1. What's your favorite all time spin off? Which show did it spin off?

In recent years, I haven't found spin-offs to be as good as they once were. When I was a kid though, spin-offs were not bad. I can think of one "favourite" of mine which was actually a spin-off of a spin-off: Good Times. Good Times was a spin-off from Maude, which was itself a spin-off from All In The Family.

2. What do you consider the worst spin off ever? Why?

Joey. Oh my goodness. We actually watched this last week and it was horrible. I mean, I wasn't a huge fan of Friends but I figured with Drea de Matteo in it, how bad could it be? Apparently, really bad. Kinda makes you wish that Dante hadn't whacked Adriana

3. Is there a show that's ended that you wish they'd done a spin off for? Which one?

No actually, I can't think of a thing.

One thing that made me smile today: Getting home tonight and seeing Mark. When I feel as bad as I felt all day today, getting back to our little house and vegging out and seeing Mark just made me feel sooo much better.

No comments: