Wednesday, September 08, 2004

mid-week blues

I'm not exactly blue. I'm not exactly even overly stressed right now. Yesterday I was a bit of a mess. Knotted shoulders, tension headache. That was all kinds of bad. Today, I have just as much work on my plate but I'm trying to take it in stride and not get myself into a state about it. It's not easy but I'm sure it can be done.

Our computers are home are behaving badly again. We've narrowed it down to something being wrong with our router (again) or SP2 is just making life difficult. Whatever the cause, the result is an intermittently slow connection. Actually, it's just plain old crappy. Sometimes it works, and it is great. Other times, there is no connectivity. It's also possible that our cable modem is shot. Whatever it is, we'll get it figured out over the weekend. It's not the end of the world, it's just irritating when you're spoiled and used to speedy service like we are.


One thing that made me smile today: The Frosh. A little while ago, when I went upstairs to get my lunch, I could hear the wall of sound that the orientation groups make. Upon reaching the top of the stairs, I look out over the lawn in front of our office. On the hill, I could see the Commerce Frosh sliding down the hill, to my right, I could see purple people leading the Engineering Frosh in a jumping up and down exercise and all over the place, in between and everywhere, small clusters of Arts and Science Frosh followed their Gael leaders around. They look incredibly young and happy. I have to say, I'm a little jealous.

No comments: