Sunday, September 19, 2004

sunshine day

The temperature dropped here the other day. The result has been a clearing out of the air and the sun is shining so bright that it's blinding, even with sunglasses on. I'm not complaining though, it's gorgeous. I think that the cooler nights are knocking everyone out. I know that I've slept better the past couple of nights than I have in a few weeks. It's a nice feeling.

It's so gorgeous in fact that I should probably seriously consider getting out into the garden and starting some of the fall cleanup that I have to do. The bottom line though is that I don't feel much like doing it. We worked our buns off yesterday and I'd really like to have a quiet, lazy day today. I'm almost certain it won't work out like that but I'd like to try anyway.

One thing that made me smile today: It's early but something has already made me smile: the quiet. Right now, I'm the only person in the house who is awake and up and moving around. I love these rare early mornings when this happens.

No comments: