Tuesday, September 14, 2004

fuzzy headed

My brain feels like it's floating in ginger ale today. Sleep deprivation will do that to you, I swear it!!

On the weekend, at some point, Mark hurt his knee. We're not sure exactly how he did it or what he did to it but it's bothering him since Sunday night. Last night, in the middle of the night, I think when he tried to roll over, it woke him up. When he woke up he screamed out in pain. The screaming woke me up. We were basically up from about 1:30 'til 4:30 a.m. We get up at 5 a.m. so you can see how lovely this was for both of us. Fortunately, this morning, I was able to find our trusty old tensor bandage and I bandaged him up. He thinks it might have something to do with a ligament or something. If it's not better in a day or so, I'm carting him off to the doctor's. We cannot have any more nights like last night. It's not good for anyone. Really!!

As I suspected it would, work is still crazy. There is just too much work to get done right now. I don't think it would matter if I stayed at the office until 8 p.m. each night (which, by the way, I am in no way prepared to do!), it wouldn't get done. Everyone is in the same boat and they're all getting sick. This is a rotten cold that has been circulating. Personally, I've been fighting against it for about 3 weeks. So far, so good. I cannot get sick right now so I won't. There! Pfffffttt!

On the family front, my uncle had heart surgery today. I haven't talked to my folks but I had a message from my mum a while ago (at work) reporting that he's made it through okay. He's in recovery or icu, with lots of tubes and everything. It's pretty creepy. A friend of my mum's is in too so they've been going back and forth between them. My cousin (his daughter) and her family are on their way home from Alabama. I suspect that they'll be glad to see her dad and have an excuse to move out of the path of Hurricane Ivan.

One thing that made me smile today: I haven't had to pull my fall / winter clothes out yet. So far the weather has been staying really hot and sunny. I mean, I know that fall is coming and that I'll have to deal with it eventually but I'm really hoping for later, rather than sooner. I want to still be able to wear shorts and sandals and have barbecues with friends and stick my fingers in my ears and sing (loudly) "la-la-lahhhhh" whenever someone mentions that autumn is approaching. I know it's on the way, I can see the Halloween crap in the stores. I'm not stupid. I just would like to wallow in my denial for a little while longer.

No comments: