Friday, September 17, 2004

terrible

Someone in our office got fired late yesterday. When I came into work this morning there was an email in my inbox, with this person's name in the subject line. These types of emails mean one of two things: the individual has been fired or they are leaving for a better job. Unfortunately, in this situation, it was the former rather than the latter.

Of course, there was no notice, no reason given, it just happened. This has happened before and I'm sure it will happen again. Now I understand that things relating to HR matters much remain confidential but it's a terrible blow to morale when these things happen because you start to wonder "who's next?" Will it be me or the person I share my office with, or one of the managers on the second floor? I felt like I was going to throw up or that my head would explode all day long.

Other than that though, it was an okay day. Seriously though, I was never so glad to see the end of the day roll around. I can feel my headache creeping back from just thinking about it. Yuck. In attempt to take my mind off of things, we're heading out in a few minutes, to do errands and grab a bite to eat.

One thing that made me smile today: Mark. He always makes me smile when I've had a shitty day. He has a great gift for putting things into perspective for me and making me see past the emotional crap so I can deal with the logic of a situation. He's wonderful.

No comments: