Thursday, July 31, 2003

Holy smokes this week is flying by. It's funny that I say that because yesterday seemed to be the longest day of the year. I was having trouble with my back yesterday and couldn't stay home so I had to suck it up and get through the day at work. Thank goodness for ibuprofen. I'd have been pooched without it. By about 3 p.m. I was a little wonky and by the time I got home, almost incoherent. I'm feeling better right now, which is a good thing because I get really grumpy when my back bothers me. Fortunately it's not often and (usually) not for very long. What bugs me is that I feel fine otherwise, I just can't walk or move. Walking and moving are generally things I enjoy doing.

Not much is happening today. Work's been very busy lately and I'm getting LOTS of stuff done. That feels good. What often happens to me is that at the beginning of the week, when I'm looking over the to-do list which I compiled on Friday afternoon, I get overwhelmed. I'm almost always sure that there is no way that I'll get everything done and yet, usually, I do. Yesterday, amidst the blur of pain and ibuprofen I freaked myself out a bit. I had myself convinced that I would never get out from under the blizzard of paper which was engulfing my desk. This morning, less drug-addled and more rested, I realized that I had accomplished a lot more than I thought I had and was actually in good shape. I even reduced the items on my to-do list to less than 5. I will definitely be done on time tomorrow afternoon, able to enjoy the long Simcoe-Day weekend.

We don't really have big plans for the weekend. We're not going to Caribana or anything. Mark's working on Saturday and Monday so I'll probably just chill out around the house. Maybe do some work in the garden and definitely get into a couple of books I've started recently. Most of all, I just want to veg out and get over my back injury. If some laundry and weeding gets done in the process, cool!

No comments: