Wednesday, July 16, 2003

We had some actual, bonafide rain last night. I know this because the thunder woke me up. I almost never wake up from storms in the night. Partly because I'm a deep sleeper and partly because we have a window air conditioning unit in our bedroom, it pretty much blocks out any noise from outdoors.

Everything is looking a little greener this morning too, which is nice. After having been cut on Sunday, our lawn was getting that mid-July, burned to a crisp look that is so very popular in our area.

Recently, I've been wondering about passports. I don't have one, Mark had one but it expired about 8 years ago. We are most likely going to be invited to a family wedding in Boston in October. The last time we went to the states (last October) we didn't need one. We drove across the border at Hill Island, NY and just had to show our drivers license and birth certificates. There were a few more questions from the border dude at that time than we'd noticed before (it was our first post-September 11, 2001 journey south) but nothing major. I've been hearing lately though, about folks getting asked for passports at the border now. I don't know that I want to go to the fuss and bother (not to mention expense) of getting passports just for a weekend in Boston. On the other hand, I may want to be ready just in case someone gives us a free trip to Paris or something.

No comments: