Friday, July 11, 2003

The Friday Five:

1. Do you remember your first best friend? Who was it?

It was probably the daughter of friends of our family. Her name is April. I say "probably" because I remember enjoying hanging out with her when we were really little (like she was 18 months and I was 3). I remember staying with her mum & dad when my mum was having my brother (I was 3.5 when he was born).

Throughout our childhood, we would try to manipulate our parents so that we could spend as much time together as possible. We always went to different elementary schools but went to the same high school. We were probably closer when we weren't going to the same school for some reason. Eventually, she was relegated to just "friend" status and now I guess she'd be an "acquaintance."

2. Are you still in touch with this person?

Not regularly. Our mums are. Her parents are my brother's god parents and my parents are her younger sister's god parents. I saw her last summer at a bridal shower for her sister. Whenever we see each other, we just pick up where we last left off, it's a comfortable relationship I guess.

3. Do you have a current close friend?

My partner is my best friend but I have a number of close friends. I don't really keep in touch with anyone from school. Most of my close friends I have met through work over the years.

4. How did you become friends with this person?

My closest friend I met through work. I met her at my first "real" job back in 1987. She's a terrific person, fun to be around, will drop everything to help you (and brings that out in you).

5. Is there a friend from your past that you wish you were still in contact with? Why?

There isn't really anyone who I'm out of touch with at the moment who I couldn't reconnect if I really wanted to. So, no.

No comments: