Thursday, July 24, 2003

It feels like September this morning.

It's not cool like the fall, it's actually really hot and muggy. It feels like those early September days when the kids are heading back to school in the rain, and it's so hot and humid that the windows in the buses fog up. It's been raining here all morning and it's very dark outside. On my way to work this morning, businesses looked all lit up, glowing like they do in the fall, just before the time changes. It sent a shiver down my spine as I thought about how quickly the summer is passing by. Even now, as I type this, I have an extra light on in my corner to brighten things up.

On the upside, I'm really glad that it's Thursday. I had the toughest time getting up this morning, probably because of the dark. I'm looking forward to the weekend because I have a lot of stuff planned. We have made this huge pile of stuff at the bottom of our stairs at home. Stuff for Goodwill. I want to totally clean our spare room now that the boxes and stuff that were there are now gone. All the work we started when we were on holidays is coming together and we're getting really organized. I'm really happy about how it is all shaping up. In the fall, we'll paint the upstairs landing and the living room and the house will look really good. I also want to get outside and do some more weeding. It's been kind of rainy here off and on for the past couple of weeks so I've only done minimal amounts, between storms. It's usually only nice when I'm at work, go figure huh? If I manage to get all the things done this weekend that I'd like to, the house should look really good, inside and out!

No comments: